Thanks for visiting from Pinterest! I hope you enjoy this super easy and yummy recipe! Follow me on Pinterest so you never miss anything new and then check out some of my other recipes. :)
Every Christmas morning we go to my mom's for a big Christmas breakfast. This year, I decided to make this new recipe that I found on Pinterest from Oh My Sugar High. Cinnamon rolls and french toast- sounds like a good combination to me! This turned out to be super easy to make and super yummy!
- 2 packages of cinnamon rolls
- 1/4 c. butter
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup chopped pecans
1. Melt butter and spread in a 9 x 13 pan.
2. Separate the cinnamon rolls and cut each roll into 8 pieces. Spread in pan. Save the icing to use later.
3. Beat eggs together completely in bowl. Then add the cream, vanilla, and cinnamon to the eggs and mix thoroughly. Pour over the cinnamon roll pieces.
4. Drizzle syrup all over and Sprinkle chopped pecans on top. (I just put pecans on half of mine)
5. Bake at 375 degrees for about 22-28 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for about 15 minutes.
6. Take the metal cover off the icing and stick it in the microwave for about 15 seconds or until it is thin enough to drizzle. Drizzle icing all over the top of the baked cinnamon rolls.
Serve with syrup if desired. It doesn't need it, but I love lots of syrup, so I added it and I wasn't disappointed! Yum!