Here's what you'll need to make your edible trees:
- Sugar cookies
- Green food coloring
- Sugar cones (You can use waffle cones, but they have a curved bottom which is hard to lay flat on the sugar cookie. Sugar cones are tree shaped, but have completely flat bottoms.
- Small candies for decorating (M&M's, sprinkles, mini chocolate chips, spice drops, whatever your little heart desires...)
1. Dye the icing green using food coloring and mix it up really well.
2. Use the frosting as glue and frost the sugar cookie for a base and put the cone on top upside down.
3. Frost the whole cone with icing.
4. Decorate any way you wish.
5. Eat and enjoy!
Warning: This can get pretty messy! Here's the proof: