Okay, so I call this Christmas Bark because I always make this at Christmastime, but you could rename it if need be. About 7 years ago or so one of my friends made this for me and I've been hooked ever since. This is SUPER easy to make and highly addictive, so beware. It's great to give away to friends or neighbors during the holidays or bring to a party or get together. It's always a hit. I've seen things similar to this on Pinterest, but not this exact recipe, so it will be there now. :)
You only need five ingredients:
1 cup Butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 sleeve of saltines
1 12 oz. bag of chocolate chips
About 1/2 cup- 1 cup of chopped pecans
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line a pan (with edges) with parchment paper. I usually cut my parchment paper to the exact size of the pan. The pan still gets plenty dirty, but the bark doesn't stick.
4. In a small pot, melt the butter and brown sugar. Cook about 3-4 minutes over medium high heat until its all blended and melted together.
6. Cook the saltines for 15 minutes in the oven. The butter/brown sugar mixture will be a little bubbly when you take it out of the oven.
7. Pour the chocolate chips over the saltines. As they melt, spread with a knife. (Don't worry they will melt from the heat of the bottom layer.
8. After you spread out all of the melted chocolate sprinkle with chopped pecans. Push them in lightly.
9. Put the whole pan into the fridge to cool until hardened.