I love sweets! Seriously, my Desserts board on Pinterest has more pins than any other board- by a lot. That being said, I don't really need to eat all of these sweets, so I usually only find myself baking or making these treats when I have a reason. Other than the fact that I feel like eating. (Although, sometimes that does happen.) I found this great idea from Jo and Sue. It's a great treat when you don't feel like turning on your oven and you are craving salty sweetness. I made these for a get together with some friends and they thought they were great.
1-2 cups of mini M&M's
1 1/4 cups chocolate chips
caramels (about 30)
1-2 Tbsp of milk or cream
1. Line a 9 x 9 pan with parchment paper and spray with PAM or non-stick spray.
2. Layer pretzel sticks to cover the whole pan.
3..Using a microwave safe bowl, stir caramels with milk or cream, and heat in 15-20 second intervals, until smooth. This may take awhile, but be sure to stir after every stint in the microwave so you don't overcook the caramels.
4. Carefully spread the caramel over the pretzels in the pan.
5. Now, heat the chocolate chips in the microwave or a double boiler on the stove. Your choice. Again, make sure the stir the chocolate chips every 15-20 seconds until it's creamy.
6. Carefully, spread the chocolate over the caramel.
7. Sprinkle the M&M's and lightly press into the chocolate. I like a lot of M&M's, but you can use as little or as much as you want.
8. Chill until solid, about an hour or two.
9. Pull out of pan by the parchment paper and cut into squares with a sharp knife. Enjoy!